This is a great opportunity for your child to get introduced to track and field this summer. Your child will get the chance to run, learn some introductory techniques, explore different events and get a great introduction to track and field! Field Events to Include: Long Jump, High Jump, Triple Jump, Shot Put, Javelin, Shot Put, & Discuss
"Failure I can live with. Not trying is what I can't handle."— Sanya Richards-Ross
Registration for summer 2023 is closed. (no late registrations).
- 4 practices per week: attending all 4 is not mandatory
- 7 regular season meets
- Uniform (one top and one bottom)
*Compression style and a loose fit style available. Coach preference is the compression, but an athlete can choose what they are comfortable in. There is also an option to purchase additional pieces for $30 each.
- Champion meets (approx $25-$35 per meet per athlete)
- Required USATF youth membership ($28 for the year)
- Personal gear such as running shoes or spikes
Every athlete needs to have a USATF youth membership. Click here and select "youth"
Select Elkhorn Athletic Association as part of the registration process to be affiliated with EAA & able to compete in meets. Registration is $28.
- Athletes with birth year 2013 - 2015 (7 to 10 years ) will practice at 6pm and end at 6:45pm
- Athletes with birth year 2012 - 2005 (11-17) will practice at 6:45pm and will end at approximately 8pm
- Practice schedule:
- Starts Monday April 3rd
- April practices will be Monday and Wednesdays
- Practices will be held at Elkhorn Valley View Middle School, 1313 S 208th St, Elkhorn, NE 68022
- May-end of season
- May practice will move up to Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday for running events
- Thursday for field events
- Practices will move to Elkhorn South High School on May 8th.
- All practices are weather permitting
- Practices will continue until the state meeting in mid-June
- Regional qualifiers will continue to practice through July 13th
- Saturday 4/29/23 Peak Performance
- Saturday 5/6/23 Wings of Omaha
- Saturday 5/13/23 West Omaha Track Club Invitational
- Sunday 5/21/23 Boys & Girls Club
- Saturday 5/27/23 Apollo
- Saturday 6/3/23 Striders Youth championships
- Saturday 6/10/23 Bengals
- June 14 - June 17th USATF Junior Olympics State Meet - TBD
- July 13-16 USATF Region 8 Meet - Wisconsin, exact venue TBD
- July 24-30 USATF National Junior Olympic Championships, Hayward Field Eugene Oregon
Information on Head Coach coming soon!